- Khana LGA is one of the largest of the 23 LGAs in Rivers State.
- It has 19 political wards with Head Quarters at Bori
- No of settlements 190
- Total populations 384,444
- The boundaries as follows:
East – Oyigbo LGA
West – Andoni and Gokana
South – Opobo / Nkoro, Andoni and Akwa Ibom State.
North – Gokana and Tai LGAs
- The people are predominantly farmers, petty traders, fishermen.
- Khana is the native language of the people.
- There are 30 Health Centres, Model – 11 out of which Kaani Babbe is not functioning due to problem between the contractor and the Community.
- There are 2 General Hospitals located at Bori and Taabaa and 1 Cottage Hospital at Kono
- There is only one tertiary institution Rivers State Polytechnic Bori
- LGA is rural
Dr. Christian Kina
MoH, Khana LGA
DID YOU KNOW?
At its heart, primary health care is about caring for people, rather than simply treating specific diseases or conditions.