The capacity to ensure record keeping of all monetary income and Expenditures are of paramount importance to this department. The department discharges its functions through four strong units that carry out the activities of all financial transactions of the Board .They are office of the Director Finance and Accounts, payroll unit, other charges and office of the Cashier.
FUNCTIONS OF THE DFA
- Member budget preparation committee
- Head Finance and Accounts
- Co- Signatory to all Board Bank transactions and
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Executive Secretary of the Board.
- The payroll office as the name implies takes full responsibility of salary preparations.
- Liaises with Ministry of Finance on issues arising on Salaries and that of Ministry of Health and other MDAs.
OTHER CHARGES UNIT
- In charge of raising payment Vouchers registration and forwarding same to DFA .
- Keep the vote book.
- And other duties that may be assigned to than by the Director Finance & Accounts.
- Make lodgement to Banks
- Payment of cash
- Keeping of cash Book.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Director Finance and Accounts.