Ahoada East LGA
- Andoni Local Government is one of the 23 LGAs in Rivers State and it is purely a riverine LGA.
- It was created in 1991 from Andoni/Opobo/Nkoro LGA by The Babangida led regime
- It is bounded on the West by Bonny LGA, East by Opobo/Nkoro LGA, North by Khana LGA and South by the Atlantic Ocean.
- The LGA has eleven (11) political wards and 26 functional health facilities with one General Hospital and one private clinic or hospital now at Ngo.
- There are 218 scattered settlements , separated by rivers and creeks which made them difficult to reach with a target population of 55,143 children 0-59 months.
- The LGA is not connected to the National grid except wards 6 and 9 that was connected by the last but one Executive Chairman of the LGA.
- Fishing is the main occupation of the people who speak OBOLO language
In line with the vision of the Rivers State Primary Health Care Management Board, our vision is to deliver higher standard of primary health care service and programmes in order to improve the health status of residents of Andoni L.G.A
In line with the mission of the Rivers State Primary Health Care Management Board, our mission is the promotion and delivery of the higher attainable level of Primary Health Care Service in Andoni L.G.A.
This will be achieved through.
- Implementation of policies based on best practices and adequate planning.
- Provision of sustainable and high quality services to the people.
- Promotion of team work and capacity building of all members of staff.
Effective and efficient utilization of available resources
Dr Theophilus Dagogo
MoH, Andoni LGA
DID YOU KNOW?
At its heart, primary health care is about caring for people, rather than simply treating specific diseases or conditions.