The department of Administration is the fulcrum of the RSPHCMB. It handles all human capacity and staff welfare matters.
Responsibilities of the Department
- To maintain and update personnel Record of all Primary Health Care (PHC) employees in the state.
- To maintain comprehensive data base of all grades of PHC Workers.
- To co-ordinate inter-service transfers of PHC employees.
- To oversee staff welfare matters including health, housing and transport.
- To compile for gazette publications of establishment matters, staff movements including new appointment, promotions discipline and retirements/dismissal of all PHC staff of Grade Level (GL) 07 and above.
- To ensure human resources for health planning and development.
- To supervise LGA Primary Health Authority as it relates to promotion and discipline of officers from GL 01-06.
FUNCTIONS OF THE UNITS UNDER ADMINISTRATION
- Receive mails/scrutinize/classify/file correctly.
- Despatch mails.
- Check unfiled correspondence and investigate delays in filing.
- Maintain register of incoming correspondence.
- Maintain data base of all staff.
- Provide secretarial duties.
- Maintain classified records of the Board.
- Maintain files.
- Maintain personnel record
- Prepare/update Nominal Roll of all PHC Staff.
- Identify staff needs (Appointment).
- Handle all recruitment, conversions and upgrading matters.
- Determine/compile/co-ordinate staff promotion matters.
- Handle retirement and Pensions matter.
- Carryout staff auditing.
- Co-ordinate staff confirmation of appointment matters.
- Handle all staff transfers and secondment matters
- Handle all staff postings
- Handle all leave matters of staff.
- Handle all applications for study leave and sponsorship.
- Liaise with Establishment and other bodies in staff study leave matters.
- Co-ordinate workshops, seminars, conferences of staff.
- Co-ordinate transportation means and drivers.
- Supervise cleaning activities and cleaners.
- Maintain effective store for supplies of stationaries and other necessaries.
- Organize awards, ceremonies and other staff incentive meetings.
- Coordinate health insurance matters.
- Co-ordinate staff travels and tours.
- Handle all advertisements, announcements and other publicity matters of the Board.
- Co-ordinate all publications by the Board.
- Handle all press matters.
- Provide protocol services.
- Reading legal advice on various matters.
- Handle legislative draftings where necessary.
- Handle litigations where necessary.
- Carry out investigations.
- Liaise with management to handle disciplinary cases.